My Best Friend's StepfatherMy Best Friend's Stepfather by Opal Carew
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Copyright Night Owl Reviews

My Best Friend's Stepfather is my first book by Opal Carew. There have been so many good ratings on most of her other books and I was excited to get started on this one. Unfortunately, it fell a little short for me. I wasn't bad, it started out good, actually, but even when I read erotica, I like for there to be other things going on as well and I felt like this one just had a little too much filler. I just didn't connect with it. The story line was fine but I needed more content than just sex scenes. However, if you're just looking for something steamy to get you through all this snowy/cold weather, this book is for you.

Ashley is writing an article for the magazine she works for on the relationship between Doms and Subs. The Dom that she is interviewing just happens to be the ex-stepfather to a friend that Ashley had in high school. Although I never really felt as if Ashley and Helen were friends, which could be the point of that relationship. I also needed more information on why Helen is the way she is. I understand that she didn't really have that stability in her life of a father figure but she is just diabolical.

Please click here to read my full review on the Night Owl Reviews website.