Dashing Through the SnowDashing Through the Snow by Debbie Macomber
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Ashley Davison finds herself in quite the predicament. The clerk at the airline counter won't sell her a plane ticket to Seattle to surprise her mom for Christmas, and she is too young to rent a car. But salvation comes in the form of ex-soldier Dash Sutherland. Who was trying to convince Ashley to let him ride with her, since it was the very last car and they were both going to Seattle, but Ashley refused until she was told she wasn't old enough to get a rental. Then she changed her tune and found herself on a long drive with a handsome, somewhat frustrating man.

Ugh...I really hate when I have to give lower ratings, but I cannot honestly give this book more than two stars. I was disappointed too because I was looking forward to reading this.

The storyline was fine, but my complaint was the writing. None of it seemed to connect for me. If there is such a thing as over simplifying, it happens in this book. Some things that didn't really need to be explained were elucidated thoroughly. There were other instances that did need more details, but they weren't provided.

Ashley really takes those Snickers 'you're-not-you-when-you're-hungry' commercials to heart because every time Dash gets cranky or upset she convinces him that he's hungry. Like he can't just be frustrated? It was starting to get annoying.

The Hallmark Channel did make a movie of this that premiered last night and is waiting on my DVR to be watched. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but the movie may actually be a better experience for me than the book was. (Update: It wasn't.)

One thing I really liked about this book was the cover.

There are a lot of people who love this author's work and I would probably read something else by her just to see if it was this story alone that I can't connect with. So, if you're already a fan, you may like it and it doesn't take that long to read.

I won this book through Goodreads Giveaways