ScrewedScrewed by Kendall Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Kendall Ryan for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Yet another enjoyable romance from Kendall Ryan. Ms. Ryan is quickly making her way up the list of my favorite authors. Her writing flows along smoothly and her characters could easily be someone you pass on the street. (In L.A., where the story takes place anyway.)

Just so you don't make the same mistake I did, let me tell you that this book is not part of the Dom series. I was probably halfway through it when I realized that.

Oliver is being warned by his best friend and business partner, Hudson, to stay away from the tenants in the buildings they own. His playboy ways has caused women to threaten them with lawsuits. He agrees to stay away, while watching the new tenant with interest as she shows the movers where to place her things. He tells himself, and Hudson, that he will just become friends with her. Which he does, but that's not where their relationship will stop.

Emery was already informed about Hayden (Oliver) by Roxy, but when he suggests showing her around town and maybe doing something as friends, she says why not? That's how Hayden ended up in a yoga class with her. She relishes the time spent with him and after meeting his family, it doesn't take her long to realize there may be more than friendship at play.

Describing this book as a romantic comedy is right! There were a couple of situations that had me cracking up, but there was also a serious issue added in which explains why Hayden feels the way he does about women.

I almost wish Hayden would have really put Emery's boss in his place. I know...sometimes all it takes is seeing a well-muscled boyfriend to put some fear in someone, but the boss really deserved to get some teeth knocked out!

Screwed would be a good addition to any Contemporary/Rom Com fan's bookshelf.