Skeleton Park - Christina  Smith
I won this book through Goodreads First Reads. First of all, I have to mention how much I love this book cover! It grabbed my attention right away. I didn't know what to expect when starting this book, as I have never read any of Christina Smith's work. (That's going to change, though. I plan on looking up other books by her, especially since my interest was piqued by the excerpt for Fated Dreams) However, I was quickly caught up in the story. I enjoyed the step by step journey that Avery took toward her healing and getting back to a normal, fun-filled, teenage life. It's inspiring on a real-life level because it shows us how strong people can be even after going through something you never thought you'd come back from. The slow revelation of the incident involving Avery really helped to keep me interested. Not that I needed help with that, considering how much of a challenge it was for me to try and figure out what was happening before it was revealed. I like being challenged in that way and the author did a good job of it. I know that I have focused mostly on what happened to Avery, so let me mention that there is a lot of other things going on in this story, such as the paranormal occurrences which, in a creative way, actually helps Avery deal with things. Somehow, Christina Smith mixed different aspects together and turned it all into a really good story! I was also excited when I found out Skeleton Park was a real place. Gotta do some research on that. I hope everyone enjoys this novel as much as I did.