First to Burn - Anna Richland
"Life with Wulf would never be normal, but who cared? She'd have a Viking to love her for eternity."

I won this book through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway. What a way to begin a series! It started out with a bang from page one. There were so many things going on in this book, it almost felt as if I read two novels instead of one. I was interested in everything from the military aspect to the Beowulf legend. Just when you thought nothing else could possibly happen to these characters, it did. Anna Richland kept me guessing and I was surprised a few times with the plot. I have to mention that Wulf's description was very Chris Hemsworth-ish. And that's always a good thing. It's like an action-adventure-military-suspense-paranormal romance and it worked brilliantly. If you like any of these genres, then read this book. You won't be sorry. Besides, who doesn't like Vikings?

Also, Anna Richland is donating to two charities with some of the proceeds from this book. She will be donating to Doctors Without Borders and The Fisher House Foundation. That's just another amazing reason to buy this book.