The Raven Prince - Elizabeth Hoyt
**I won this book through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway**

This story takes place in the late 1700's. Anna is a widow, looking for work. She accidently learns of and then is hired for the position of secretary (in a time when women secretaries were unheard of) to the Earl of Swartingham (also a widow), who has recently returned to Ravenhill Abbey.

Why have I not been reading historical fiction? I mean, history and romance all bundled up together? Heck yeah. I am really glad I won this, it has introduced me to this genre. Now, about the book, I was captivated from the moment Anna almost gets trampled by a horse (the first time), which was the very first page. It was actually refreshing to read something that didn't have all the distractions of modern-day life. Even though we all love technology, this story was pure and it was simple. It also makes us glad that we don't have to jump into a carriage and go to someone's house a mile down the road just to speak with them. I also really enjoyed the snippets of The Raven Prince legend at the beginning of each chapter...I'm not sure if that's an actual old legend or if Elizabeth Hoyt just thought it up, but it's now a favorite of mine. I loved how Anna and Edward's relationship progressed. Of course, they had a few hurtles to leap over but, as with most romances, they get their happily ever after.