Hugo & Rose - Bridget  Foley
**I won this book through Goodreads FirstReads**

Rose is unhappy with her never-ending cycle of a mundane life. Her only escape is in her dreams. This is where she meets up with a boy, Hugo, who has had a starring role in every dream she has had since she was 6 years old. One day, after her son's soccer tournament is cancelled, she stops by a restaurant. While ordering kid's meals at the drive-thru window, she realizes the cashier is none other than Hugo, from her dream world.

We all get stuck in a rut from time to time. That makes Rose a relatable character. But, once she gets in too deep, she realizes that maybe her boring life isn't so bad. Without giving too much away, I will say that Hugo is all kinds of screwed up. He's not violent though and he does have a reason for being how he is.

Scientists say we only use 10% of our brains. This story makes you wonder what would happen if you could tap into the other 90%. Although this is not my usual type of book, I found the storyline to be imaginative and one-of-a-kind. I would have liked for the ending to have been a bit different, just in the sense that I wanted to know more about Hugo. And I really wanted there to be some outstanding connection between him and Rose. I guess you just have to use your imagination when it comes to getting those answers.

Did I love it? No. Would I recommend it? Yes. I'm sure any one who reads women's fiction on a regular basis, will like this book.