Fractured Immortal - Peggy E. Wicker
*I received this book in exchange for an honest review (Lovers of Paranormal)*

Autumn in the Appalachians is a special kind of beautiful. That is the setting for this energetic tale. Ilia returns to Bearwood, her hometown, in search of Sol, who is responsible for the murders of her friend's family (and for her vampirism).

She is staying with her besties, Lana (shapshifter) and Lucas (vampire). Then Kyle shows up...Lucas' older brother and also the person Ilia has been running from since the 19th century. Because the last time she saw him, he betrayed her. Ilia promises to try and get along with him because they need his help to fight Sol, after that, she may just skip town again.

This story has a little bit of everything; revenge, love, magic, and even a touch of enlightenment as Ilia discovers the truth about the night she was turned into a vampire.

I can't say which part was my absolute favorite, but I loved when Kyle takes Ilia to the forest and shows her a secluded area that holds something near and dear to both of their hearts. It's a very touching moment.

I'm hoping to read the next book soon. I really want to know more about Nathaniel. I also want to see what, if anything, is going on with Ilia and Kyle. Recommended to everyone, but especially anyone who likes new adult books with some vampire flair!